Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ)
We have a SHEQ department which is headed by a Senior Manager who reports directly to the CEO. The SHEQ Manager is responsible for spear-heading and co-coordinating SHEQ issues within our company and with our customers. His major duties are as follows;
- a) Safety and Health
- Health and safety advisory and auditing role
- Development and maintenance of safety and health plans
- Development and maintenance of safety, health, hygiene and injury management systems
- Coordinating and providing safety, wellness and health training
- b) Environment
- Environment advisory and auditing role
- Development and maintenance of Environmental management processes associated with all aspects of our operations
- Management and periodic review of the EMS
- Co-ordinating and providing Environment training programmes
- c) Quality
- Development, maintenance and integration of quality systems that cover safety, health, environment and quality and in particular ISO 9001:2008 quality standard.
- Co-ordinating and providing quality management training
Each of our major sites will have a resident SHEQ officer who will be responsible for the management of SHEQ issues at the local level in liaison with the client and our SHEQ Manager at our Head office. Our SHEQ Manager is suitably qualified and experienced in SHEQ issues. He has attended a number of SHEQ courses including OSHEMAC 1 & 2, First Aid, ISO development & implementation, internal auditing and root cause analysis.